I was in Orlando on business and while there I was able to get some time in with a friend of mine and her family I knew it would have to be Sunday because that was the only day I had and I thought…hmmm, I need to go to church. In my mind I was already planning to go because I needed to go. Have you ever had that feeling like whew, “I need some ministering to my soul!” Especially when you are always pouring into others. Well this was my day. It was as if I just needed to walk in the doors to just cry and let it all out. And I did but I’ll get to that in a minute.
The pastor was speaking on: The Power of Prayer…
And I thought, yes, the power of prayer and while it’s the key to peace, happiness and abundance for billions I am sure – people don’t really do it. We want the quick fix and microwave success expecting lifetime results. It’s the unpopular thing that needs to be the popular thing again. It’s the “I’ll pray for you or praying for you or sending prayers” messages I see in my timeline and I often think “ are they really praying for them? And although intentions may be good, they aren’t good enough. I was that person and about two years ago I vowed not to be. If I said I am going to pray for you, trust your name will be uttered from my mouth when praying.
Anyhow, the pastor preached on being specific with your prayers and the fact that God delights in answering YOUR prayers – so I thought I would share it with you.
The 4 Conditions for Answered Prayers:
- Pray according to the will of God.
- Forgiveness – forgive those who have wronged you so the enemy doesn’t have a chance to use your lack of forgiveness against you. Your forgiveness of another person is not conditioned on if they forgive you. Forgiveness can be a one way street as it’s for you and your own salvation – not the other person. What they do is there choice. Sidebar: When he said that I was like WHOA!!!
- Don’t pray in doubt! You will only short circuit your prayer like a bad cell to cell connection! Your inclination not to believe your prayer will be answered nearly guarantees they won’t. So expect an answer to your prayer.
- Agree in prayer with at least one other person. Be in harmony with someone who you trust with your prayers and they trust in you. When two or more are gathered….you know the rest I love this because I have been falling off with my prayers this year so this was a great day be in church with people I love and a word directed at me.
The pastor went on to share that God will always answer your prayers and what that look like, here you go:
- God can say “Yes” in exactly the way you asked.
- God can say, “Wait.” It may be his will and your purpose, but not his timing.
- God can whisper for us to be more specific.
- God can say, “No.” Because he has a better plan and his grace is sufficient.
- God can answered by doing exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.
They are all wins to me! In the end, we get what we need and want or even better, what he has planned for us. So I just wanted to encourage you to pray more – to be more intentional with your prayers – and to pick a time of day if you can to devote that time to your spiritual walk. It’s the foundation for everything I do. Me and Jesus have a thing – and I would be lost if I didn’t have it. That’s just my walk – for you it may be another religion and I don’t care which it is, my point here is to pray more and increase your faith – let’s make that popular.
I hope you’ll join me in sharing this meme on social media! Follow me socially and use the hashtag #praymore2016. Let’s make that popular!
As for those tears, they just flowed and all of the things I had pinned up in me just released with every tear. I exhaled all the things and energy that are no longer a part of my life and inhaled a renewed sense of purpose. Shout out to Faith Assembly in Orlando, FL!
Check out the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren while you’re at it. It can help you get focused on you spiritual walk as well. I loved it.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please share it socially.